The Elgin Mount Pandim offers a unique and personal tryst with the Himalayas. Set in eight acres of virgin forest and landscaped gardens, it revokes the old world charm created by its first owners – the royal family of Sikkim and offers a peaceful retreat about one hundred and fifty kilometers from Siliguri, with a glorious view of the Singalila range. The three hundred year old Pemayangtse monastery, is right next to the resort on a verdant hill top covered by moist temperate Oak forests.
The resort offers an excellent vantage point for watching rare birds including the Green-tailed sunbirds, Rufous-gorgeted Flycatchers, Scimiter Babblers and Laughing thrushes.
The bedrooms are set in the midst of an atmosphere of greenery in the heart of Pemayangtse.
Each of the 30 rooms overlook the Singalila range with a magnificent view from the windows. Each room is different with subtle tasteful colours to showcase the design elements that surrounded royalty of yore. The rooms are quiet, elegant and expansive with an air of serenity about them, which reflects a typical Sikkimese ambiance.
- Wireless & wired internet access
- Business centre 24 hours In-room dining
- Attached private bath with shower
- 26 inch Samsung LCD TV’s in all rooms
- In-room mini bars in all suites
- 24 hours Concierge
- Meetings and Conference facilities
- Activity centre for children
- 24 Hours laundry service
- Mountain bikes on rent
- Baby sitting
- Afternoon tea lounge
- Electronic safe deposit box in all rooms
- Multi-cuisine dining room
- In-House movie library
- Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities in all rooms